Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Habit Energies

We all have habits, good and bad ones. The good ones bring us happiness while the bad ones can make us suffer. When our negative habit energy surfaces, recognize it and focus on breathing in and breathing out.

While we breath in, we tell ourselves, "I know my habit energy is coming. It'll push me to do or say things I'll regret. Hello, Habit Energy, I know you're there. This time, I'll not allow you to take over me. Instead, I'll take over you this time." Then, we smile.

In this way, we do not fight our negative habit energy. By recognizing it, our negative habit energy will loose its strength. Over time, we will be able to transform our negative habit energy. If we do not recognise it, it will push us to say or do things that we will regret.

Source: Q&A session at Plum Village in Jul 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I was borned into a Taoist family and have been a Buddhist since my school days. However, the real turning point is in the year 2000 when I renewed my refuge in the 3 Jewels with Kangyurwa Khensur Rinpoche and received extensive teachings overseas as well as those organized by Amitabha Buddhist Centre over the years. My teachers include His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, Kangyurwa Khensur Rinpoche, Choden Rinpoche, Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Thay Thich Nhat Nanh and Geshe Chonyi. Since then, my love for Dharma knowledge and passion for understanding reality has grown. Losang Tenkyong which in Tibetan, means spreading or preserving the Dharma is my refuge name. Wonderous Service of the Heart is the name given to me by Plum Village, basing on my aspirations to truly benefit others.