Friday, December 11, 2009

Mindfulness Training

Mindfulness training with Thay has been an enriching experience.

Mindfulness is a source of happiness. It can be generated at any moment, in any place with mindful breathing. It is the energy that keeps us in touch with the wonders of life and brings us happiness. Only then can we help others to have feelings of joy and happiness.

It is possible to eat, drink, walk and even wash dishes with joy. All we have to do is to do these mundane things mindfully by giving our full attention to the task on hand and living in the present moment.

Source: Teachings by Thay at Plum Village in Jul 2009

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    You've a very nice blog. A lot of people don't recognize what mind power can do to one's achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have a very great weblog. To become a profitable human being the basic issue is to have positive thinking.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I was borned into a Taoist family and have been a Buddhist since my school days. However, the real turning point is in the year 2000 when I renewed my refuge in the 3 Jewels with Kangyurwa Khensur Rinpoche and received extensive teachings overseas as well as those organized by Amitabha Buddhist Centre over the years. My teachers include His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, Kangyurwa Khensur Rinpoche, Choden Rinpoche, Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Thay Thich Nhat Nanh and Geshe Chonyi. Since then, my love for Dharma knowledge and passion for understanding reality has grown. Losang Tenkyong which in Tibetan, means spreading or preserving the Dharma is my refuge name. Wonderous Service of the Heart is the name given to me by Plum Village, basing on my aspirations to truly benefit others.